Sunday, August 25, 2013

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! (1965)

Today's film is Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!  It is one of the funniest movies my family has seen.  I don't know if it was meant to be, but it was funny.  The name of the film comes from the three main causes of excitement: speed (faster), sex (pussycat), and murder (kill).
The film features three go go dancers having fun racing their cool cars in the desert.  Their names are Billie, Rosie, and Varla.  A guy and his girlfriend show up in their car to do time trials.  Then, Varla beats the crap out of the boyfriend with her bare hands and kills him.  Then, they decide to take the girl hostage and they all go to a house in the middle of nowhere to steal a creepy old guy's money.  Yeah, I really don't understand the plot, but I don't think the plot was the point of the movie.  The point is to see girls with really tight clothes in the desert.

This is the first film by Russ Meyer I have ever seen, and I really enjoyed it.  This movie was a lot of fun.  The over-the-top violence and humor reminded me of many of Quentin Tarantino's films.  I will rate this film a 6/10.

When I heard Varla say, "I never try anything, I just do it," I was shocked because that's exactly what's on the song Thunder Kiss '65 by White Zombie!  I grew up listening to this (and to Rob Zombie when he went solo). I had no idea that song sampled those words from this movie, but it makes sense because this movie came out in 1965.  At first I thought I should post just the sample, but I decided to post the entire song for you to enjoy.  At 1:30, you'll hear Varla say, "You're all shook up, aren't you baby?  I never try anything; I just do it.  Wanna try me?" 


No comments:

Post a Comment