Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Poltergeist (1982)

   I didnt want to choose a slasher flick right now because I don’t like seeing humans mindlessly killing other humans. I’m too empathic and can’t see that as entertainment. That’s why I can’t stand the Law and Order shows. I am aware  that there are some dramatic violent films on the top 1001 list, and I am planning on watching them. But not now.

   Poltergeist is one of the most genuinely scary movies I have ever seen. The fear is there because you see your house as the safest place, but these monsters are invading it. Now they will have to leave the sanctuary of their home, which is being consumed by the evil. 


  "Poltergeist” is actually German for “noisy ghost”. They are not real. Monsters are not real. For example, think about World of Warcraft that my husband plays all the time. Nothing in the game is real. Giant flying tigers, dragons, and panda people are not real. At all. And then I see this in the movie:




AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IT’S THE LICH KING!!!!!!!
I have to go lie down now.

No comments:

Post a Comment