Monday, February 25, 2013

Double Indemnity (1944)

This is the very first film noir I have ever seen. Actually I have no idea what "film noir" means, and after watching this, I still don't.  I just could not take this movie seriously. This is all I kept seeing throughout the whole thing:



This is one of the unintentionally funniest movies I have ever seen, besides Final Destination. I'm sure that movie was supposed to be scary, but I could not stop laughing.  Double Indemnity had every '40's  stereotype I can think of.  The best line in the whole movie was, "There’s no getting off till the end of the line, where the cemetery is. And then I thought about what cemeteries are for – they’re for putting dead people in."

I don't even know how to rate this, since being the first film noir I have seen, I don't know what to base it off of.  Since I have read that this is a particularly good film noir, I give it an 8/10 and will base subsequent film noirs on how they compare to this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment