Monday, February 4, 2013

First Post

This is my first post for my blog, Lindsey watches films. My name is Lindsey and I watch films. It's a very straightforward blog.
My most lofty goal is to complete a list entitled "1001 Films You Must See Before You Die".  Right now I'm 26 and I would like to finish this list before
I turn 30.  So that's over 3 1/2 years.  I don't own a tv, but I do have Netflix, which is a great source for recent movies, and I live near the library, which also has a decent collection of movies.  By completing the large list, I will undoubtedly finish off several smaller lists as well.
 
I am a member of icheckmovies.com, where I can check off the movies I've seen, and it keeps my lists organized. Pretty much all the award-winning lists and critic's lists are on here. The website also gives out awards for completing parts of lists. 50% of any list gets you a bronze award, 75% is silver, 90% is gold, and completing 100% is platinum. I have never gotten a platinum award. My username on icheckmovies is Starfoxie, so you can check my progress there too.
 
Since I don't own a tv, I don't mindlessly watch anything.  Sometimes I watch cooking shows online, and usually I just watch a film when I have free time anyway. It might as well be a good film that is on the list.  I will post a review of each film I watch and grade it, too.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the effort of seeing all of these films. I saw you did your first new review for the 1,001 Movies Blog Club. I'm working my way through the list, but I am not writing reviews of all the films I see. I only do that if I would recommend them to others, and if they happen to fit into a category I am writing about. You'll find other bloggers that are concentrating solely on the list, though.

    Netflix will get you most of the films, and your library can help you get some of the ones Netflix doesn't carry, but eventually you will bump up against the fact that some of the entries have never been released in any format. When you do, you should check out a wiki I help maintain that guides people towards finding the hard to find entries. You can find it here: http://1001films.wikia.com/wiki/1001_Movies_You_Must_See_Before_You_Die_Wiki

    Note: the 1,001 Movies list referenced here is the same one used by the Blog Club and it contains all 1,103 entries, not just the most current 1,001.

    I also included links on the wiki to a blog I maintain where you can download a tracking sheet of the full list, if you have not already built one of your own.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! Nice to have another member in our little 1001 Movies community!

    ReplyDelete