Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (1947)



I wasn't sure about watching this film because ghosts are scary. However, this movie isn't scary at all. This is the most romantic movies I have ever seen, and I enjoyed every minute of it. It starts with Mrs. Muir, a widow, leaving the rich comforts of her in-law's home and finding a place for herself and her daughter.  Her real estate agent warns her that the house she's interested in is haunted. But she doesn't care and moves in. Soon the ghost, an old sea captain, makes his presence known. Then, Mrs. Muir learns she is broke and the ghost decides to help her so she won't have to move away. So together they write a novelization of his life. She meets a writer when she goes to get her book published.  The ghost captain gets super jealous, but it turns out the writer guy is a creep. I felt that this film was very romantic, and I don't even like romantic movies. I usually feel like they're too sweet, like strawberries. However, I really enjoyed this movie and it had a super romantic ending. Awww. This movie gets a 9/10 from me.

1 comment:

  1. You may want to cover your eyes when you watch 1963's The Haunting. It may be the scariest movie I've ever seen and it's about ghosts.

    I liked this film above, although I didn't like the sea captain character that much.

    ReplyDelete