Saturday, March 9, 2013

Cabaret (1972)

The only thing worse than a silent film about the Klan would be a musical that has Nazis in it.

I can't tell which is more awful: the songs or Liza Minnelli. The worst part is that she never stops talking. Not even when other characters are talking. She is constantly interrupting them with her mundane bullshit.  Nobody cares! And I read she did most of her own makeup and hairstyling. Obviously, because she looks like a drag queen most of the time.  I really wanted to chase her with the barber shears I keep in the bathroom and give her a decent haircut.  And I've always had a problem with anachronisms. Then I see this:
This is not '30s fashion! You are not even trying!

Then when I thought it couldn't get any worse, during the song "Two Ladies" or whatever it's called, there are flashing strobe lights. I'm already under stress because I took my daughter to the ER.  Stress+strobe lights=seizures.  Thanks Liza Minnelli, I haven't had a single seizure in over three weeks and I really was due for another one, wasn't I? Fuck you. This movie gets a -5/10 (yes that's negative five out of ten) for literally giving me a seizure.  There needs to be a warning before a film or tv show if it features flashing or strobe lights.

PS my daughter is okay now. She had some stitches and had to get a tooth pulled, but she feels great now.

No comments:

Post a Comment