Thursday, March 28, 2013

Fellini Satyricon (1969)



This movie is based on the book Satyricon, one of the oldest books in existence. 
 It focuses on the misadventures of the friends Encolpio and Ascilto, which are often strange or sexual in nature. Actually everything in this movie is strange or sexual.  The original book was found in several fragments, so the movie is also presented in fragments. We're never really sure what is going to happen, but rest assured it will be strange. I did not like how the subtitles just vanished several times. It's hard enough to follow what is going on, at least let me see it in English. Also it takes a few sittings to get through, because if you try to watch a three hour semi-plotless fragmented movie in one try you will go crazy. Movie gets a 5/10.

1 comment:

  1. Yah, this movie is one big WTF from me as well. I don't even... I have no patience for it. None whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete