Friday, May 2, 2014

Killer Klowns from Outer Space (1988)

When I saw the title for this film, I felt like this:


So I had to watch the film.  It's campy, and it knows exactly how silly it is.  Aliens in a Big Top circus tent shaped spaceship crashland in the woods near a town that apparently only has two police officers.  The aliens kill humans, wrap them in cotton candy cocoons, and drink their blood through crazy straws.  I was laughing the whole movie.  It is outrageous.  I will give this film a 5/10.

Unfortunately, many lives were lost because out of the two police officers, only one is helpful. His name is Dave. The other cop is rude and useless when it comes to helping.  He must be based on Florida cops.  Dave figures out that if you pop their noses, they'll explode.  The Clowns (or Klowns I guess) also throw popcorn everywhere.  I think the popcorn might be their eggs or something, because weird clown-faced creatures emerge from them.

Even though this movie isn't scary, the characters of the clowns can be considered scary.  There was a survey done in 2008 that proved that clowns were "universally dislike" by kids of varying ages.  I would have hated to have been a part of that study.  I think it's because their heavy makeup hides their true face, and without seeing facial expressions, it's hard to trust someone.  This lack of trust and the unfamiliarity of this person and what they really might be translates into fear.  My husband said he was surprised that I watched a film with scary clowns in it.  I told him that those clowns weren't scary, but this clown is, and showed him this picture:


I have no idea why he won't watch horror films with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment