Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday the 13th (1980)

Today's film is Friday the 13th because it is Friday the 13th.  I am so confused.  All the pictures of Jason Voorhees are of a grown man wearing a hockey mask.  Do I have the watch the sequel (or all 50) in order to understand?  Jason drowned as a little boy. So, if he returned from the dead wouldn't he still be a little boy? Do dead people age?


 
This film was okay.  It's a typical slasher film, but still better than most I've seen. But, in the end, it's just people randomly getting murdered in gruesome ways.  Also, they can't run for help since they are in a camp far away from any town.  Then, we learn who the real killer is, and it's not Jason.  This was unexpected.
 
The scariest part was the "dream" that the little boy leapt from the water like a great white shark and attacked Alice, the last survivor. Although, I didn't get the shock factor because at that exact moment, Azalea wanted my attention so she kicked me in the face. Why can't she tap me on the shoulder like a normal human being? I didn't like the hospital sequence at the end.  It would have been scarier to end it on the lake when Jason attacked.  I was rather disappointed, but the movie wasn't terrible.  So I'll give it a 5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment