Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Hard Day's Night (1964)

Today's film is A Hard Day's Night, a "documentary" about the Beatles.  They travel to a show in trains and cars, get mobbed by teenagers, and put on shows.  On top of this, they have to deal with Paul's creepy grandfather.


The movie's plot is everywhere and nowhere at the same time, so the only reason to watch this is the music.  This is the kind of movie I could put in for a long car trip, just to listen to the music.  Azalea kept signing "Sing!" so I had to sing every single song.  A lot of them I didn't even know, but I sang them anyway.

The best part was right at the 1 hour mark, Azalea fell asleep!  I can never get her to sleep.  Sometimes she stays up all night until morning and is still not tired. The gentle music must have lulled her to sleep.  In this case, this is one of the best movies ever.

If you like the Beatles' music, then you will enjoy this movie.  If not, then don't watch it, because that's all it is. I will give this movie a 5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment