Saturday, April 27, 2013

Scarface (1983)


First, you get the drugs. Then, you get the money. Then, you get the power. Then, you get the women.

That's the quote I remember most (besides him hollering "Say Hello to my little friend" and raising hell) from Tony Montana, played by Al Pacino with a terrible Cuban accent.  Seriously, has he ever been to Florida?
Tony (Scarface) starts off as a lowly dishwasher, but rises to the top of the drug trade selling cocaine.  But with that much money comes corruption.  He tries to shield his sister from the effects of his evil ways. But there is so much drama and violence, and lots of bloodshed.  He destroys himself and everything around him with his greed.  And yes, I did have a poster of Scarface in my college apartment like everyone else. I give this a 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment