Monday, March 11, 2013

The Man Who Fell to Earth (1976)


My husband announced his latest revelation - that he has discovered the whereabouts of the Garden of Eden.  I am used to his theories so I just rolled my eyes.  "Do you know why no one has found the Garden of Eden on Earth?" he asked. "Because it's a make-believe story about naked people and a talking snake?" "No!" he shouted, "No one has found the garden on Earth because it's not on Earth. It's on Mars. See, scientists have discovered water on Mars and that proves there once was life there, so it has to be the Garden of Eden. And, when the angel banished Adam and Eve from the Garden, they fell to Earth and that is why we are here today." And I was like

Which leads me to my next film review, The Man Who Fell to Earth. When I heard there was a sci-fi movie with aliens and David Bowie, I was really excited. However, this movie bummed me out. When David Bowie lands on Earth, he quickly becomes very rich and powerful.  His original mission was to find a way to save his dry, dying homeworld. But he quickly gets used to the American way of life, which is eating, sex, and lots of tv. There is a lot of nudity in this film.

In the end, all he has is money, but the money truly does not buy him happiness. This was an okay movie. The acting by everyone was terrible and the plot was barely there. But the parts that were there were pretty good. So I will give it a 5/10.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this only a couple of weeks ago. That's a pretty fair description of the film. I felt it was just okay.

    ReplyDelete